This is a Statement of Purpose for Lane Ends Surgery which sets out the following information:
- The full name of the service provider together with the business address, and telephone number.
- The legal status of the service provider.
- The aims and objectives in carrying on the registered activity.
- The types of service provided for the purpose of carrying out the regulated activity
Lane Ends Surgery is a General Practice Partnership open to all patients living within the practice boundary of Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire.
Lane Ends Surgery is a Personal Medical Services practice (PMS) offering primary care services for the diagnosis/treatment and prevention of disease, and is a registered training practice for Manchester University.
The practice helps patients to manage their health and prevent illness. GP’s assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. GP’s act as the patients’ advocate by supporting and representing a patients’ best interests in order to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health/social care.
The GP’s also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. GP’s collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
Our GP’s are also involved in the education and training of doctors, trainee medical students, practice staff and other healthcare professionals who work for the practice.
Lane Ends Surgery
200 Tulketh Brow,
Main Telephone Number: 01772 529260
Lane Ends Surgery is a training practice and as such, we consider ourselves to be a modern, forward thinking and friendly organisation. We aim to keep abreast of the many exciting and challenging developments with regard to the investigations of medical problems and their treatments.
We are committed to the ideals of traditional family medicine, namely a holistic approach, whilst maintaining a continuity of care. We try to provide a relaxed friendly environment for both staff and our patients without comprising overall efficiency.
We strive to arrange for patients to see the doctor of their choice and choose the timing of their appointments whenever possible. We place a high value on the need to respect patient confidentiality in all age groups.
In order to maintain a high quality service provision/clinical expertise, all staff are expected to complete regular training courses.
GP’s and staff will provide patients the best possible Primary Care Services, whilst working within local and national governance, guidelines and regulations.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care GP Services to all registered patients.
- To focus on the prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice.
- To work in partnership with patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about treatment and care.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would expect ourselves; listening and encouraging patients to express their needs and wants.
- To encourage patients to maintain their independence, choice and control for as long as possible.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health, and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- To encourage patients to communicate with us by participating in practice surveys and using our Suggestion box.
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- To provide help and support to all staff in order to do their jobs and protect them from verbal and physical abuse.
- To maintain our Zero Tolerance Policy
- To provide staff and patients with a safe and friendly environment.
- To operate a financially sound business.
- GP consultations
- Asthma/Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease Clinics
- Diabetes Clinics
- Health Check Clinics
- Over 75’s Clinics
- Cervical Cytology Screening
- Contraceptive Services
- Child Health Surveillance
- Maternity Services
- Certain Minor Surgery Procedures (including Joint injections)
- Travel Clinic Vaccinations/Immunisations
- Childhood Vaccinations/Immunisations
- Diabetes Management
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccinations
- Treatment Room Services
- Child Health and Development
- Dressing Clinics
- Ear wax and syringing
- ECG (Electrical heart trace)
- End of life care
- Lung testing (Spirometry)
- Medication Reviews
- Mental Health
- Pregnancy testing and contraceptive advice
- Smoking Cessatio
The practice also provides Non NHS services which are paid for by the patient, these include:
- Insurance Claim forms
- Non NHS vaccinations
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Pre-employment and HGV medicals
- Vaccination certificates